Thursday, September 2, 2010

September sign up! Make a bag!

So (sew) its September already.  I know myself and a few others are in denial about how fast the year is going... can we please pretend that its an extension of August?

Well at the end of the day, I guess time goes on whether we are ready or not.

So ready or not but here comes September challenge, to make a bag.

Now the bag could be for yourself (like mine will be) or for someone else (which is the one I will pull out if I should not get mine done one time)

In the little link list on the left there is a few blogs that have free bag patterns.  I have made the Buttercup bag here from Made By Rae, and also my lates "your turning 5 and your a girl" present is the Messenger bag here by mmmcrafts,.  I have also made the Grand Revival Flea market bag, Melly and Me Sherbet bag, also own the lickerty lick bag from Made By Rae,  if your up for a really big challenge you can try the Farbenmix ElPorto .

I myself am going to make myself a Messenger bag.  The other ones that I have made are sized differently to those in the pattern from mmmcrafts, and I have modified this and that as well.  Not sure if I will stick to instructions or not, only that I will add a zipper... yikes!

anyhoo as per usual signup below.

4 comments:

Larissa said...

Looking forward to this challenge - I have a bit of an obsession with bags. First obstacle is to decide which bag to make ...

Quilary said...

I am signing up and have high hopes of meeting this challenge, as I have a great pattern/kit that I got from the last Sydney craft show. I am still in denial about where the year has gone and am sure that June, July and August been stolen from the calendar.

Vic said...

Now I have no excuse not to make myself a bag....! ;)

handmadehappiness said...

hey there i plan on trying to design my bag!!