Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010- Come and blog with us!





Welcome to my blog where I post at random intervals to brag about something that I have made, tell you about my family, whine about something that bugs me or just generally ramble!




For 2010 I thought that it would be great for us who sew to be challenged a little or a lot- depending on what takes your interest.



So each month I will be posting a challenge. Each month you (the blogger) can sign up for the challenge. It would be fun to blog about your challenge thought the month, but its not essential.



You can participate each month, or just for one month, depending on what your life is throwing at you at the time.



The first sign up will be in the first (starting the 1st) of each month, and ‘presenting’ your projects will be in the last week of each month. (again there are no rules)



But remember… it is to challenge you. So if you think “oh no I cant insert zips” maybe that’s the month that you sign up so that you can learn.



At the end of the month blog your project, even if its still a WIP. There will also be a flickr group HERE so that you can scroll through projects quickly- or if you want to join in but dont have a blog.



I will try and include free patterns and tutorials to help you along your way. Im still learning too!



There will also be some free giveaways at random times!



The challenges are:



January: something for me

February: something in knit

March: softie

April: something lined

May: enclosed zip

June something self designed or drafted.

July: something with pleats

August: hand embroidery/ smocking

September: bag

October: refashioned (visit your op-shop and create something new!)

November: Something for the Christmas tree

December: sharpen your skills on one of the challenges!

Thank you to Romi for the button and to Tracy and Suzanne for being a sounding board for the challenges. 



So... Would love for you to be involved as little or as much as your life can take. Feel free to send me an email or comment if you have any questions or ideas.



42 comments:

Tanya said...

sounds fun- the first one- something for me, well, that is a challenge!!

Mel said...

Oh this is an excellent idea! The first one is easy, I have a new pattern that i want to try!

Tas said...

Certainly in for the 1st one as my first project is for me!

Rose said...

I'm in for this too, will keep me motivated and help me attempt those "impossible" tasks

Kylie said...

Count me in too- OFf to add these into my list:)

Kelly said...

I am in!! Something for me.... most of the stuff I make is for the kids so I'm looking forward making something for me :)

Thanks for this Carolyn!

Unknown said...

I'm in but won't be able to join in till March as I am moving in January and the machine has gone to bed :( and in feb I will be overseas so March though I am in.

Sugar Pop Cafe said...

Nice one chicky! I'm in! Popping your button on my blog now xoxo

Mel said...

Excellent, I'm in, I guess I'll have to learn how to knit?? Oh My! lol ...

Jade said...

Sounds great!! Can't wait to join in!! Think I already know what I'm gonna do for me.

Unknown said...

Carolyn thanks for the invite, sounds like fun. I love the something for me!!! I never do those LOL.

Melissa Antolovic said...

wow what a great idea - and if I do them all I'll be able to say I made 12 things in 2010 unlike this year

Georgie said...

Ooh, I'm in. January might be tricky as we're moving at the end of the month and the sewing stuff is kind of buried, but I'll see if I can think of a small 'me' project.

Will there be a blogring for it or something so we can surf about and see everyone's?

Shell said...

oooh Im in! The first one is a challenge, I know what I want to make for me but its hard to put all the kids stuff and present making aside. I will though

Louise said...

I'm in, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I have loads of ideas for the comming year but procrastination is my friend, this will help me to sort it out. I'll even start the blog I've been promising myself for ages!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! This is the first time I visit your blog and I'm so happy I did! I'm not sure how I got here, but anyway, count me in for the challenge. I've been meaning to make me a new bag (from a new pattern) for almost a year now. So this is going to be my first challenge.

Dawn said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This is a great idea and right on time for me!!

princess pudge said...

I'm in, although may have to skip the in knit one unless a scarf is ok??

Tan said...

OOh I am so IN!!! January for sure, my resolution is one item per week so I should be able to do this as well!!! I definitely need some new clothes for going back to work so something for me in Jan is great!

Nic said...

I'm in! Not sure if I'll manage January with a bub due any day, but will do my best. Looks like fun!

Miss Amy said...

Im going to attempt doing this one!! Thanks for the great opportunity to do something fun :D

Romi Jade said...

Count me in too, of course!!

Ozjane said...

Sounds good fun, although not sure about the knitting....having knitted for half of my life I have decided not to take it up again now it is back in fashion...I did knit a couple of scarves when the fancy wools came in a few years back but I might cheat and substitute crochet....wool and Feb and Australia is a lousy mix.

inkie-mumma said...

sounds like fun, I'm up for a challenge this year. My resolution is to suck it and see with everything.

Vanessa -a little original- said...

I'll be in for this! Sounds like fun :)

Unknown said...

I finally worked out how to copy a button - yay again a new task learned already in 2010. Thanks C

Tasha said...

sounds like fun!!

Melinda said...

I can't do January but will definately join in for some of the other months!

Vic said...

...I can't say I'm thrilled by the prospect of pleats or enclosed zips... but count me in anyway! ;)

Anonymous said...

This is great...I'm in. I'm new to the Blogging World and one of my new year resoltions to be more creative and think outside the square and learn new things....cant wait to start,..now, if I can just pick a month...!!

Cathy Rubin said...

I love this idea and Im so IN!!

Jo's Place said...

What a fantastic idea, I'm in. This is going to be fun.

Widge said...

I am absolutely terrible at sewing but really wish I wasn't so I'm going to give it a go and hopefully learn some skills.
Great idea :)

Kelly said...

Excellent idea, considering I can immediately think of a project that i've wanted to do for nearly all of those categories!

Sarah. Splish Splash Designs said...

Great idea! Count me in :)

willow and moo said...

Ok, Carolyn, I'm jumping on. :)

Sandra :) said...

I'm in, and have a project picked out already - just need to get fabric :)

Donella said...

sounds like fun count me in.
i have even bought fabric for me so so far so good hehe

Vanessa said...

yep i'm so in as well. :D

Anonymous said...

me too! I have a whole year (I hope) to do projects. I'm off to do something just for me--a pincushion to wear in the wrist.

Peta said...

I'm typically late to the party but I'm in! 10 days to sew something for myself, I'll see how I go.

gembead61 said...

Ok I'm in. I will have to get going won't I.
Gem