Just a reminder, to sign up for the showing off your project is below. If you don't have a blog please feel free to add it to the Flickr group, just add the Flickr link in with your preferred name to the widget. You can add a little blerb in Flickr.
If you have done both, please add either link, but remember to add the link to your blog in the Flickr photo description.
And enjoy browsing!
So what have we learnt? what would we change?
I am NO expert at knit!
I myself made a measly pair of knickers for one of my girls. I was going to make an Olivia but unfortunatly I had an unsceduled week long stop in my bed coughing- not to mention also the 2 weeks prior my maching was being repaired.
I changed the way that I attached the leg elsastic. I sewed the front and the back together leaving the sides open, and attached the leg elastic on the flat. It was far easier to attach, but my finishing was not as neat as if I had done it in the round. So either this is going to take practice or just do it in the round. I did the waist the same and had the same problem. Alot of it was eleviated by top-stitching, but not 100%. Again I partially blame skill! The top stitching also kept getting caught so was very uneven. (and yes need to cut a few threads!)
But hey, they are a great pair of knickers for my girl, and they are not about to fall aparet etc... made out of quality fabrics. So regardless of how dodgy the binding is or the top stitching, they still work!
so its your turn now to reveal...