Crafty Mamas forum has the occasional sew-a-long, where a few people commit to making a particular pattern. This time it was the Ottobre 301. Although I should be doing my embroidery challenge (I did attempt it for the record- but more on that later) I decided to try the 301.
It took about 15min to trace the pattern, and had I not messed up the neck it would have taken about 45min in total to sew together!
The result- very effective and happy. Size 98 for my 2.5yo. I cant wait to get my 303 (the adult version) so that I can make myself one!
here are the brag pics (in the PJs).
not to take a seam allowance on the neck or the binding. Otherwise it wont fit over your toddlers head and you have to cut it off.
Binding is heaps easier to attach in the flat.
That after you cut off the neck binding, you have to attach the new binding in the round, and that is a pain!
that the top still looks good even if you cut it on the wrong grain.
That this hilco fabric doesn't have alot of stretch on the wrong grain.
That I love Stella and hilco!