Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Pattern: Ottobre 301 with added length
Fabric and old adults top from an Op shop
Unwilling model, my 4yo daughter, who would not co-operate!
This recreate thing is actually really handy! The whole top cost me 50c I think. I have been rummaging through op-shops looking for any top with 2 way stretch, making sure it was big enough to make another top out of. and then chopping. It helps that it had stripes as I used that as the grain line.
The pattern took me about 30min to sew up!
Another bonus is that the sleeves didn't need hemming. I just used the existing sleeves, and used their hem as my hem ;)
I have also made knickers out of op-shop clothing.
So thats my October challenge completed YAY for me! (and nope photos wont behave!)