Saturday, October 9, 2010

9th of Blogtoberfest Appendix

well this my explain why I went from 6Th of Blogtoberfest tot he 9th... I missed a few days.

A few days ago I got a pain in my belly, it became less painful after about 20min so I didn't think much more of it.  But I still could not walk properly, and the following day a school mum convinced me to go to the GP (instead of kinder duty) so off I trotted... and then he felt it was important to go to the hospital for some bloods just to rule out appendicitis. 

I have had this pain before, and last time (2y ago) they felt that it was my ovaries, so again I was just expecting the same.  Well you can imagine the shock when my blood tests suggested that I had an inflamed appendix!

So after a day of knitting, waiting and watching daytime TV I was given keyhole surgery.  I was still unsure of what was wrong with me, as the pain had completely subsided.

After the surgery I went back to the ward.  I cant really remember that much, only that I was very impressed that I didn't feel sick after the anaesthetic.  The surgeon came in and explained to me that my appendix was in a very odd spot, which was masking the pain,but was inflamed  and given a few more days I would have needed to be admitted for much longer as it would have probably burst!  So I am very grateful to the Dr who was persistent with getting me to surgery.

So now I am hobbling around the house, DH is ensuring that the kids don't jump on me, and bringing me pain relief when I need it.  Holding my tummy when I cough, and still quite sleepy.  But I am recovering well!

Thank you to everyone who sent me messages of support and prayers. 




4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! You should probably thank the lady who told you to go to the doctor instead of kinder duty. Rest up, and get well soon!

Miss Amy said...

oh wow! rest up and take advantage of not being jumped on hey? Hope you get on the mend soon, if I lived closer I would come over and help you out.

Cass said...

Wow sounds like you were very lucky. Glad you are on the road to recovery.

Tanya said...

Wow, that's pretty dramatic- off to the dr and off to surgery. Heal well and glad everything went well.