Friday, October 29, 2010

29th of Blogtoberfest: who Flys with the FlyLady?

Pic from www.flylady.net

The FlyLady is a web site dedicated to helping keep your life and house in order somewhat.  It uses the acronym CHAOS or cant have anyone over syndrome.

The morning routine suggested is (taken from the daily emails):
* Morning Routine:
-Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
- Make Bed
-Swish & Swipe
-Empty Dishwasher
-Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)
-Check Your Calendar
-Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

* Declutter for 15 Minutes

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)
Now I am sure that this works, if it is followed.  But in the morning I am that rushed with "get dressed, eat your breakfast (you asked for cereal!) where is your school shoes, brush your teeth, why did you get undressed" madness that I'm struggling to learn to Fly.

Maybe if I make a label with this name it might inspire me to keep going.

Has anyone out there made the FlyLady work for you?




3 comments:

Shell said...

I love fly lady, I have been a fly baby for three or so years. Sometimes I go at it full on, other times I slack right off but usually one more routine will 'stick' and slowly we have built up more of a pattern to the day. Like now it is routine for me to get up, clean the bathroom and toilet, dress the girls, help tidy there room, put on the washing,make breaky, eat, hang out washing, clean up breaky, load the dishwasher and sweep. I do all this before I even think. It takes about 45 minutes. After this though the day falls apart a bit. These are the routines Im currently working on, particularly the evening routine.

willywagtail said...

Flylady is terrific. Have you come to the bit about preparing for tomorrow the previos evening, eg laying out everything you will need in that mad dash? It's a while since I joined and I have fallen off the bandwagon a bit but remember "you are never behind" so you can always pick up on any day and be benefitted by her. Even though I just delete most of the emails without reading them now I still get that quick daily thought of quick cleans simply by seeing her headings. Cherrie

Karen said...

I did FlyLady a few years back...it does work. Should get back into it again.