Friday, October 1, 2010

October challenge, re-create, re design something from the op shop.

So this months challenge is to get down to your local op shop, buy 1, 2 or 3 items and to create something new out of it.

I have before got some awsome knit fabrics and made knickers for my girls using the That Darn Kat pattern. I think I will be doing this again. I have also got some really over sized cord pants and made some little pants, but they didn't turn out as I had hoped. And then there is the bags that you can make from old jeans. Really your only limited by you! So get a hop on down to your op shop and bring home some new ideas for creations






4 comments:

My Handmadehappiness said...

i have a 70's dress good for Halloween but could make awesome clutches!!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh ! I can't wait to join in on this one !!

quilary said...

I've got quite a few pairs of jeans I have hoarded, and I hope to turn at least one pair into a bag. I also saw a cute tutorial for turning an old singlet into a bag. I will try and find it and post the link.

Larissa said...

I'm really excited about this one! Already been to the op shop and got some men's shirts to turn into summer tops. Found a lovely flowery one - my hubby only has boring business ones, so couldn't use his! :)